Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Two more days left

Tomorrow is my second last day of work. When I started, I knew that it was only for a few months, but I am shocked at how quickly it has come to and end and honestly it has taken me by surprise. The first few weeks were really quite hard as I found it mentally and physically tiring, but I have been getting into the swing of it the last few weeks. There is the possibility of a few more weeks here and there, but at the moment I am preparing for this week to be the last. It is hard to believe that we hadn't even started this latest cycle when I started back at work, and now I am 9 weeks pregnant.

One of the lovely things about being back at work has been reconnecting with work colleagues. It has been lovely to see the professional development of some of them. But in seeing that, I realise how static my skills are, and that is a little scary. These months have probably just kept me in touch but I really have to have a hard think now about the future and what it means for me professionally. I really didn't want to work with two children until they were at least in school but I just don't think I can afford to wait that long before returning to work.

I now have a bit of a conundrum in what to do with Charlotte. She has just settled into daycare so I don't want to pull her out, and of course with the possibility of more work it makes sense to leave her there for a while. However I don't think we can afford it for too much longer. But I am looking forward to having a few weeks where I have a few days to myself, especially while I'm still feeling under the weather. I have some big plans for things to do; finish a rocking horse I'm doing up for Charlotte, do some heavy duty cleaning that I can't do when she's around, and finish painting the upstairs of the house (something we said we would do before she was born and only got 3 rooms done).

So the next few weeks will prove to be quite interesting with lots of things to do, but first to finish this week up!

No comments:

Post a Comment