Monday, September 20, 2010

12 weeks today

I can hardly believe it but I am 12 weeks today. Phew, we made it to that momentous milestone. As far as I know, bubba is still hanging in there. The bleeding finally stopped Sunday night but I'm still feeling pretty anxious. Every twinge and pain makes me stop and think. And of course every time I go to the loo I'm checking for that horrible colour.

But, at 12 weeks I think I'm on top of the morning sickness. I've had 3 days now where I've felt like I would be sick, but haven't. No retching, no vomiting, just a few deep breaths. This is just so wonderful! I did up the prednisone to 50mg so that is obviously the magic number. I'm still feeling outright exhausted but I'm wondering how much of that is the stress of the last few weeks.

I'm also wondering if I am feeling movement. I've had a few flutters that don't feel at all like gas and the other night I definitely felt a little flutter. I've also well and truly popped out. The books tell me that the uterus is now sitting above the pelvis so that isn't helping I'm sure. I bought my first pair of maternity pants last weekend which was such a relief - so much more comfortable.

I'm still taking it easy and am looking forward to seeing my OB on Thursday. I have so many questions: will I keep bleeding, do I need to keep resting, can I work, or do exercise. Then I want to know what drugs to stop/stay on. Not to mention all the other issues I'm starting to experience such as the tachycardia's (I had them with Charlotte and was on medication for it).

But last night I took my last progesterone and oestrogen tablets. What a milestone. I've been taking hormones now for over 4 months. I'm still on the pessaries but only 2 a day. The end of the IVF journey is in sight, now we just have to fight to keep this bubba!

No comments:

Post a Comment