Friday, September 24, 2010

Before I forget what it feels like

Last night I cut down the dose of prednisone by 5mg. After seeing Sile I am so so paranoid now about it's side effects that I am willing to get off it asap, even if that means the ms coming back with a vengeance. This last week has been great. I haven't vomited or retched in a week now. I have about an hour or so in the morning where I feel really nauseous and have nearly run to the toilet a few times, but have been able to hold it in. I then feel a bit off until lunch, bone crushingly exhausted in the afternoon, and fine by dinner. Sitting here right now I actually feel really really good. Alot of my cravings for salt and junk have decreased and I am starting to want to eat healthier again. Given that the ms really started about the 4 week mark, it has been just over 2 months of daily vomiting and retching.

I actually imagine that this is what alot of pregnant women feel like when they talk about morning sickness and being a bit queasy. I've heard women say that they have ms but can cope with it because they know it's all worth it. Well feeling like I do now, I can see how you would feel that. But when you are dealing with the level of ms I had before, it feels like you are in a living hell. It is hard to even think about the positive outcome you will have when every secon is spent thinking about vomiting and just getting through the day.

So I wrote this post to remind myself that I have felt good at some point this pregnancy! With Charlotte I was still really sick at 24 weeks and still vomiting at least once a week until the end. I completely expected this pregnancy to be the same. I just really hope that by weaning off the prednisone I don't go backwards, but I also want to be off the steroids!

No comments:

Post a Comment