Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More bleeding

Why can't I just have a boring simple ordinary pregnancy? Today I had more bleeding - alot more. It started again during the night and was very heavy. Strangely though I felt quite calm. I took a half a Valium right away which probably helped. The bleeding lasted all night but by morning had eased, and by mid morning was that pinky/browny colour.

So I finally took everyone's advice and took the day off work. This is a huge deal for me - because I see clinical clients I feel so obligated to do my job. But I had my sister's words ringing in my ears "is it worth the risk" and today, it wasn't. I also considered calling Warren and going in for another scan, but honestly, the thought of going all the way into the city and seeing him just seemed more stressful. I haven't had any cramping, and the bleeding has eased off. I have to hope that it was just another artery popping. And even if it isn't, there is absolutely nothing he can do about it.

So I have had a quiet day. I still vomited this morning which was reassuring although my MS has been alot less all day (I said it was getting better the other day, but I lied. I've had a terrible few days with it). So the rest has probably been good on many fronts. I took another half a Valium at lunch time and had a nice afternoon nap.

I will go into work tomorrow as it is my last day, but if my manager asks me to continue I think I will have to say no. At least not for another week until I've seen my OB and have a chat to her. I just don't know what is causing these bleeds - is it picking up Charlotte (all 14kg of her), the vomiting (which does cause a bit of pain), housework, or nothing at all?

But on a slightly good note, our cat had to have an abscess drained this week and the drain came out today. The sight of it had been making me so sick so now she just has a bit of a scar. We are all in the wars at the moment! Hopefully this is the last of the bad luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janet,
    I have been following your story for a little while now and I sincerely hope the rest of your pregnancy is trouble free.
    :)
    Holly.

    ReplyDelete