Monday, August 30, 2010

Wriggling feet

So today we went to see Warren for the last time. I was feeling quite anxious to have another scan, just that seed of doubt that something had happened is always there. But we had the scan and everything looks good. We saw the head, the cord, and the little feet were wriggling away. He then put the doppler on and we heard the heartbeat. I shed a little tear during all of this, I just felt so relieved and happy.

Warren did say that he could see some blood sitting outside of the placenta which was a bit of a worry to me, but he said was fine. I did have that spotting for the first few weeks and it could be from that. He did say to take it easy and "no nookie". Poor James, not that it has been happening anyway. I honestly have been too paranoid too even contemplate it.

So we now have our first appointment with our OB in 4 weeks. Warren did say we could go back and see him if we wanted to be before then. It will be nice not having to go and see anyone for a while, although it will be strange. I've had a scan every 2 weeks or more for the last 3 months so to go 4 weeks without any medical intervention is a bit scary. I am still to stay on all of the drugs until the 12 week mark then taper off, and of course I'm still on the prednisone. The MS is easing a bit, but still present every day. Warren also said that I'm not likely to have OHSS anymore, and that the bloating is likely to be wind.

We got a picture from the scan today so here it is:

The round blob is the head, the little bit up the top is the cord with the feet to the right of that.
And here is one with the heartbeat

No comments:

Post a Comment