Friday, October 1, 2010

A long week

I can't believe it has been just over a week since we saw our OB. It feels like a month has passed, so much has happened. I had to reread my last post about feeling good so I remember that I did feel good, as right now I feel like I'm living in a pool of quicksand. But it's not morning sickness this time! Last Saturday we were off to the doctors for James. After a few weeks of working late late nights he had overdone it and came down with a cold and sinus infection. He spent a few days being miserable and promptly gave it to Charlotte and me.

We have had a week of sleepless nights with Charlotte coughing and crying half the night. By Wednesday she was alot better and I was hoping that once she was in daycare I could rest and get better too. Since I had been running on less than 6 hours of broken sleep for over 2 weeks I needed some sleep! But I wasn't getting better at all and saw my GP on Friday who gave me some antibiotics for a bronchitis like infection. More pills. I'm starting to feel a little bit better now - I couldn't believe how exhausted I have been. Just walking is an effort, and I've been having alot of high bp's and tachycardia's which is a little distressing. But on the plus the ms has kept at bay and I am now down to 35mg. I notice that on the days I drop down a dose I will have a vomit but otherwise I'm coping.

But the week wasn't all about being sick. Earlier in the week we saw our bank and refinanced the mortgage. It was actually so much easier than we thought and happened so quickly. We then had the money to buy a new (used) car! So we took one for a test drive and then talked numbers with the dealer. We were happy with that, so they said "do you want to take it home now?". We were floored. We left behind our old car, a $100 deposit, and took home a shiny 3yr old station wagon! I was surprised at how emotionally exhausting that afternoon was. And earlier that day our hot water system finally blew up so we had to make a few quick calls to get a new one in. Thank goodness I had done all that research months ago about them so it wasn't too hard. We only had one day without hot water.

And then the next day we had the nuchal fold scan. I wasn't as anxious about this one as I was with Charlotte although it helped that we had seen bubs just 4 days before. It all went well. The risk factors for downs was approximately 1/3000 and the others were heaps better for the other conditions. Bubs was measuring smack on dates and growing well although was sleepy during the scan and not so active. The sonographer couldn't see any new bleeds which is a huge relief too.

So it has been a huge week for us. Both James and I feel quite overwhelmed at the moment. I think he needs a bit of a break from work and I know I need some time off from feeling crap. Sadly I have had to let things like housework just go so the place is a real pigsty and neither of us feel up to doing anything about it. But I know it's not important. Right now I can feel bubba doing little kicks and flutters - I think it likes shortbread biscuits! tee hee

No comments:

Post a Comment