Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Flashback - BFP!

The day of testing dawned, and we were up early as usual to go to the clinic. It was a Saturday, and we had been out at a concert the night before as it was my birthday. We then headed into town for breakfast and some shopping. I was really anxious about this result. I had been quite restrained and hadn't done any POS, although I was convinced it was a BFN. (I had had alot of false positives from the drugs, so had given up on doing the tests at home). Usually you have the results by 9am, but that time passed. We were heading home and bought a POS from the chemist. I was getting so anxious, I couldn't wait. We thought that there had been a mix-up and that the clinic was now closed for the weekend, so we wouldn't get the result until Monday. So I went and did the test, while James rang the clinic and left a message. I did it, and saw two pink lines straight away. I couldn't' believe it and ran down to show James, just shaking. That minute the clinic nurse rang back and confirmed that we had a positive beta, and it was really high. I was stunned, I looked at James and he started to cry. I kept thanking the nurse. I got off the phone and James and I just stood there and hugged and cried. We were pregnant. It was a year to the day after being told that we couldn't have children naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment