Saturday, July 24, 2010

More downs than ups

It has been a long physically and emotionally draining week. We had a quiet weekend last week, none of us were feeling that great. Which was leading up to Sunday night. James woke up around midnight with vomiting. Then after being up with him, it hit me at 3am. By 6 when Charlotte woke up we were both still being sick, and I could hardly stand. That was one of the longest mornings of my life, trying to take care of her when both James and I could hardly take care of ourselves. We did put a plea for help on facebook to see if someone could come and help but sadly no one replied. I know that no-one wants to come near a gastro, and the people that I know would have come had work or babies so I didn't want them near here. But still it hurt. I so very rarely ask for help and the one time that I do we didn't get any takers.

Anyway, by the end of the day we were managing ok although still sick. I called the clinic the next day as I was worried what all that sickness might do to the embryo's and the nurse reassured me that I should be fine. So Tuesday night I did the pregnyl shot. Big mistake. The OHSS symptoms have been getting progressively worse since then. Tonight I look about 6 months pregnant with bloating, and I'm starting to get quite a bit of pain. But what concerns me most is dehydration. I am so thirsty, and can't seem to drink enough. I don't feel bad enough tonight to go to the hospital, and I don't know whether to call Warren tomorrow or not. I know that he will just tell me to go the hospital. The trouble is that by morning the bloating subsides, and I feel better. But then it gets worse over the course of the day. Everything I've read says that OHSS can get better on its own, so I am a bit confused about what to do right now.

On top of all of this Charlotte has just been such a pain. She has been so whingy, chucking tantrums and being naughty (like drawing on the walls!). When I am feeling so emotional right now it makes it really hard to see why I am putting myself through this torture. I also had a bad day at work on Friday with just trivial things like paperwork and work cars so I had a cry at work which is just embarrassing. I'm sure Charlotte is just picking up on our stress. On Monday morning when James was changing her nappy he began puking everywhere and she started to scream in fear. And everytime I puked she started to cry. We kept saying that mummy and daddy were sick and after a while she began to pat our tummies as though she was saying "there there". Thankfully she didn't come down with it although tonight she did a huge post dinner puke so I spent ages cleaning up vomit from the couch and the floor.

So James and I are so so tired now. I only hope that things improve this week as I don't know how much more I can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment