Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Still going

I rang the clinic today and we still have 4 embryos! Yay! I spoke to the scientist who said that 3 were looking really good, and one was at 7 cells. This is a bit fast and they don't like them to be growing too fast or too slow, so they will keep an eye on that one. It is a relief to hear that, but I am still so disappointed that we only have 4 (and probably 3 if that naughty one doesn't slow down). I just wonder if there was something we did wrong, or if the protocol wasn't right. But even though Warren does heaps of different things, it essentially was the same as the last two. And I need to keep reminding myself that the first EPU we only got 5 embies from 18 eggs, then we got 6 embies from 11 eggs. It really is so unpredictable.
I have been feeling a little bit better today. I am REALLY bloated and can feel all that fluid in my abdomen. It hurts a bit, but more when I try to bend or move. I am still worried that they will cancel the ET tomorrow when we turn up, and I am not sure if that would be good or not. I guess I still don't think that this cycle will work at all. And if it doesn't, I really don't know if we can go again, it really has been so hard already, and there is still weeks to go. I guess I just need to take one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment