Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New shoes

I did some retail therapy today, and went shopping. I bought some new shoes for Charlotte, and one of those flip-out couches. It is non-branded which is so hard to find. I have some conflicting feelings about branded products. On the one hand I don't mind them, especially if Charlotte ever starts liking a particular show, it will make present buying easier.
But... I really object to the way every single product is branded now. It is nearly impossible to buy anything that isn't from the wiggles, or Dora, In the night garden, or any Disney item. And it makes these things so much more expensive. I had wanted to buy a couch for Charlotte for Christmas but the cheapest I could find was $130 and they were all branded. I just don't like the way that my child is being mass marketed to and she isn't even old enough to talk or know what these shows are. I am noticing a shift away from people wanting to buy branded products, alot of my friends have refused to buy them and I think I will follow that trend.
Anyway, she absolutely loves her new couch,but she loves her new shoes even more. They are just a plain sneaker like shoe, but she wanted to wear them all afternoon, and wouldn't settle this evening until I gave them to her in her cot. I hope this isn't the start of a fascination with shoes.
It felt good to get out of the house and do something normal. I am feeling so much better today, the bloating has eased and so has the pain. I was still vomiting a bit this morning, but it passed by mid morning. Emotionally I feel a bit on the edge still. I think I will have to make an appointment with the clinic counsellor, least of all to help sort out what I do next, and if I can accept the reality of only one child. I don't really know how much more my body can take. I guess I am coming to that point of "when do you stop". It is something that everyone doing IVF gets to at some time, and I have been told that once you do make a decision that you often find some peace with it, but right now it all hurts too much still.

No comments:

Post a Comment