Tuesday, March 9, 2010

One day at a time

I am taking one day at a time at the moment. I am also trying not to count the days, I don't want to know how far into the dreaded 2WW I am. But the week has been fairly busy already. My bloating had gone down quite a bit by Saturday, so I ummed and aaahed, but decided to do the HCG injection. Sunday morning I was throwing up, although that is not that unusual for me. By Sunday evening I was having some shortness of breath, just sitting or walking would have me panting. I didn't feel like I had fluid in the lungs, it just felt like everything was being compressed. My heart was also racing. Monday morning I was still vomiting, so I rang the clinic who recommended I ring Warren. His receptionist recommended I come in to see him after his morning theater.
I felt a bit better by then, so thought I was being a hypochondriac, but we went in to see Warren. He agreed that I was hyperstimulating, and was a little bit bloated, but wasn't really severe. He said that he could admit me if I wanted, which I wasn't super keen on. He then asked to see my tongue. Apparently he could tell I was dehydrated from that (not quite sure how) and he very quickly swung into serious mode. He immediately sent me up to the day theatres for some fluid and protein and also some blood tests. He even gave us a pass to the doctors parking at the hospital, sweet!
So I got admitted to the day theatres, and they put me in a bed all nice and snuggly which was nice, at least I could get a bit of rest. Unfortunately my blood pressure was getting higher and higher - it reached 169/112 at one point. The nurses seemed quite worried at this so there were lots of phone calls back and forth to Warren. He wanted me to see my GP or to go to the emergency room at St Andrew's. Thankfully James could get me into our GP so after 3 hours there they let me home. By then my BP was back down to normal, and I was feeling alot better. I hadn't realised how crap I felt until suddenly I felt better. I saw my GP who was very reluctant to prescribe anything. After having this all checked out just a few months ago, she thought my BP was up for any number of reasons, being in hospital, being dehydrated, you name it. Putting me on medication would probably have me fainting. I was very relieved at that, the thought of more tablets is not appealing.
I feel alot better today, until later this evening when I've had some more vomiting. The bloating is up and down. Today I seem to have only put on 3kg, yesterday it was 4 so that is a big improvement.
I obviously don't want to get sicker, as that will mean a bit of time in hospital. But I am also a little bit torn. If I get pregnant, it will make the symptoms worse. If I get better in a few days then I am probably not pregnant. We asked Warren about the embryo's, and he said "yes they were crap, but if you were my mistress I would be worried". Not sure what to make of that comment. I am hoping that means that there is still a chance, but also not wanting to hope at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment