Sunday, February 28, 2010

No needle day

Today was a no needle day! Yay! Yesterday, however, I had 4 in one day, plus a blood test where the nurse must have hit a vein and left me with a huge bruise. I had the last of the FSH yesterday morning before we went to see Warren for the last time before EPU. Things are still looking good, he says that I should get 20 eggs which is more than he would like, but they are all nice and even so we should have a good outcome. We talked about pain-relief post-operatively and he has given me a script for endone but recommended I try mersyndol first.
Last night we had the trigger shots. I was dreading these, as I remember that the needles were huge and painful last time. We had to do 2 of the pregnyl vials, which was fine as Mum is here now. Being a retired nurse she opens them like a pro! I did those first, and they stung a bit, but thought that the ovidrel would be worse. But when I opened that it was only a tiny needle and was very easy. We won't have any more injections until a few days after transfer although I don't know when Warren wants me to start on the clexane.
We had a busy day today - we went shopping at Ikea. I love that place, but it was tiring which was good as it kept me distracted. James and I are still at each others throats so I can't wait to be off these hormones. Charlotte loved Ikea too, until she got too tired and screamed the place down. I hope that she sleeps well tonight as we have to be up early and at the hospital by 6.45 am. She did a HUGE vomit before bed and is restless at the moment so I hope that she sleeps well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment