Friday, February 19, 2010

First bruises

Well today I noticed the first bruises from the injections. They are only little, but still looks yuck. You aren't really supposed to bruise but because I am taking the cardiprin it makes it more likely that I will. Plus they really show up on my fair skin. I am not looking forward to the clexane - last time my stomach was covered in deep black bruises. At least it is a good party trick to show off, and you get a bit of sympathy as everyone thinks it must really hurt (it only hurts a tiny bit).
I started back on the metformin 2 nights ago but just one a day. The first morning I felt a bit queasy, but I felt ok today. I am however starting to get tired and have headaches. I remember this from the last cycles so it is just from the FSH.
Otherwise I am feeling quite good emotionally. Today I felt quite teary over silly things like when I was watching the Olympics. I guess I must have really cared about the guy who won the ice skating, that's hormones for you! But I am feeling calm about the cycle itself. Realistically, I don't expect it to work, and I am ok with that. As long as we can get some frosties I will be happy. I think I am looking at this cycle as a means to getting some embryos in the bank, not necessarily to get pregnant. Knowing that we won't try again for several months is helping too. Doing back to back cycles last time wasn't really a good idea as I felt like it was a never ending cycle. I know that some will tell me that that isn't the way to be thinking about this cycle, but having so much hope and expectations for one event that may fail is just too much.
Money is still stressing me out, but we have had a bit of luck financially with some money coming through that we didn't expect as well as a gift from a family member. It means that we won't empty our savings account this cycle (close, but not quite). I might even spend the money and get a haircut since I haven't had one in nearly 6 months. Oh the luxury!
And I am still so undecided about the GA with EPU. It isn't about the money anymore, but more can I stand the pain vs. the risk of a GA. I spoke to one of the clinic nurses yesterday and she said that "Warren only offers it to you if he thinks you are tough enough to handle it". hmmm. I'm not sure my FS knows me as well as he thinks. I am going back tomorrow so will talk about it again with him then. One more week to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment