Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 6

The last few weeks have really felt like every day was a struggle. My nausea was getting worse and I was vomiting just about every day. It would start about an hour after I took the metformin, and last for a few hours. After that I would just struggle with no energy, still feeling sick, and so down. I could actually feel the drugs wearing off in the late afternoon. Yesterday was particularly bad, and I spent most of the day in tears. So I decided to stop taking the metformin.
This morning dawned on day 6, which is the day I start on the FSH injections. I saw my FS and he agreed to stop with metformin for a few days, but then start again with a lower dose, if I can tolerate it. Today I felt great! Still a little bit sick and tired but so much better than I have been.
The FS visit went well other than that. I appear to have several follicles already which is good although I still appear to have some cysts. I spoke with him again about doing the EPU without anaesthetic and he is all keen to do it. I am still a bit anxious about it, but it does appear to be a better option in terms of recovery. He said that if I can't cope then they can get the anaesthetist in during the procedure.
And we checked James latest results - you just want to make sure that we are doing this for a reason. His sperm count had gone up a bit to 35 million, which sounds great, except a healthy count is between 50 - 100 million. But worse is that his motility is 10% and his morphology (the shape which means a healthy sperm) is 9%. That's getting pretty low but is still usable.
I picked up my needles and FSH and did the first shot when I got home. I did hesitate at first, but managed to jab it in, and thankfully it didn't hurt at all. They use the pens that diabetics use so it really is painless. There are other drugs to come that do hurt though! Oh and I paid the fees today, that hurt ALOT.
I next go back to see him at day 11 and we will see how things go. Hopefully I will have 10 follies!

No comments:

Post a Comment