Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 11

Well after feeling so upbeat yesterday I have come crashing down today. I was up at 5.30 this morning to see my FS. Actually, I was up at 2 am after Charlotte woke up screaming with a very pooey nappy. She hasn't done that in a while, so of course I started to worry if she has a gastro. It took nearly an hour to get her back to sleep then she woke again at 4.30 but needed only a quick cuddle.
After waiting for nearly an hour at the FS I had a quick appointment with him. I have responded well to the drugs, probably too well. I have 16 follicles. This is on the upper level for where they cancel the whole cycle. We talked about it and I really don't want to cancel it. He seemed happy for me to continue but I am at really high risk of hyperstimulation. I go back on Wednesday (day 14) for another check and we will see how I am going then, but otherwise I am on track for EPU either Friday or Monday. There is a big difference between those days so will see, Warren seemed to think it was more likely to be Monday.
I spoke to the same nurse I had spoken to on Friday about the GA and told her the news, and I have decided to go with the GA. 16 follies is alot to be poked and prodded for. And I don't want to get halfway through and find I can't handle it.
So I feel really down today. I am worried about being cancelled, but equally worried about OHSS. The last 2 EPU's have been excruciating afterwards and it looks like this one won't be any better. I am already getting the twinges and pains in my ovaries. I am also really tired today, although James let me have a nice long afternoon nap which helped.
Charlotte was fine for the rest of the day, even quite cheerful. We have James godparents staying with us and she seems to love having them here. It is quite lovely to see.
Time to go and take some more yucky drugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment