Tuesday, May 1, 2012

On the home front



It has been a testing time at home. Both James and I believed I'd be home in a few days, so we didn't make too many plans at first. Some friends helped with the kids and James took some carers leave from work. By the weekend it was obvious we needed help so James Mum came down for a few days which was great. We also managed to get the kids into daycare which was a financial stress but we needed to do it. They have been great, although Angus hasn't settled in too well.

The big news for Angus was that I had to wean him. I was so close to doing it, but obviously I wasn’t ready. He is my baby, I wanted that last feed. My boobs seemed to settled down ok, although I am still leaking two weeks on. And he didn't seem to notice. Sob. Unfortunately he has gotten more unsettled as the weeks have gone on. He really needs his mummy. It is so hard to see him for visits too. They really can't tolerate too long here but he just wants cuddles, then too look at the fishes. And he is changing so much. He is now so mobile. And talking! Here I was worried and now he says so many words (fish, strawberry, phone, plane, boat, car, cat, grandma the list goes on). And finally he says mummy!

Charlotte is also changing. Her language has improved, and she wants to be independent more now which is great. She has been sleeping in our bed though which isn't so great but I guess she is unsettled too.

Thankfully my Mum is here now and she is a stabilising force for them, so hopefully home life can settle down.

James has been so stressed, and there isn't anything I can do about it. But he has done so well so take care of the kids, the daycare, bills, et etc. as well as wean Angus!! I think he deserves a father of the year award!

No comments:

Post a Comment