Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A good day today

Today was a good day. For the first time I woke up and felt like I could cope. I could actually think about things that needed to be done, and look forward to the day; not wishing I was back hiding in hospital!

Of course by 9am I was feeling pretty shattered but nevertheless I managed to stay up all morning (I did this yesterday too) and we went for a walk to the shops again. I've been doing this most days and today it felt easier. I could do more than just walk and talk at the same time. I even managed to put some washing in the machine, potter around and so some tidying up, and make some fresh custard this evening (yummo, why have I not made homemade custard before!)

It is such a relief to feel like I am getting better. Up till now I have seen improvements, but not actually felt like I was getting "better". Finally I can see the light, although it still feels a long way off. It is a strange feeling, to look at other people and wonder what it feels like to be able to move effortlessly. But it will happen.

Tomorrow I go back to my neurologist for a review so I am hoping he will drop down some of my meds. I am not sure the epilim is doing too much for me other than increasing my appetite (and sadly my weight) and I wonder if it is contributing to the fatigue as well.

But for today I am celebrating a good day.

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful you had a good day Janet, may today be even better!

    ReplyDelete