Friday, May 4, 2012

I'm on my way home!

Well my neuro has just been and he is happy for me to come home. He said he was a bit worried about me on Thursday as I wasn't well then, but as long as I have the support at home (I do, so much love and gratitude to you Mum and James) then he is happy to let me go. He said he had another look at the scans and there is alot of oedema, and he doesn't expect that to go down for a few months. He also warned me I'm going to have good and bad days so as long as I'm prepared for that.

I'm certainly ready to come home. Yes I'm tired, and that won't change. Yes dealing with the kids will be hard. But lying here won't change that either. Right now Angus is sick so I just want to be home with him (although I'm sure I will then get his germs. ugh, snot. Oh well can't be helped).

Medically the plan is to stay on the drugs, and wean off them slowly. I will go back and see the neuro in a few weeks and then probably again have a follow up MRI in 4 weeks. I just had a quick look at the scan they did 2 weeks ago and it wasn't a very good one in terms of sections so I'm sure they will want a more detailed one. And then we wait, and I try to get back to normality.

And thankyou so much to everyone for their words of support. It means so much. And to so many people who have helped us - there are no words.

Time for one last hospital cuppa before James whisks me away!

No comments:

Post a Comment