Monday, August 23, 2010

8 weeks

So today I am 8 weeks pregnant! I thought I would keep track of how I am feeling since I didn't do this with Charlotte and I now can't remember a thing! I wish I could say that I'm feeling better, but I'm not.

The morning sickness is still quite debilitating. Yesterday was terrible. I couldn't stop vomiting in the morning, and then was so wiped all day. I didn't even feel better in the evening like I normally do. Today I only vomited the once, but retched half a dozen times or more. It is simply exhausting. I feel ok now which is good, but I have been such a dragon all day and poor James is really copping it. I'm still on 50mg of prednisone and I don't think I will drop it down just yet. At least I know that I'm not getting dehydrated as I'm still able to eat and drink by the end of the day but the exhaustion and lethargy is just taking it's toll.

In terms of other symptoms my boobs are quite sore and my hips are just aching. Bending down is really hard and walking any distance is nearly impossible. If I roll over in bed and don't keep my legs together then my hips make a lovely "pop" sound. I remember this with Charlotte and then it got better (before getting worse again) so I hope it improves. I'm also quite emotional and seem to cry at the drop of a hat, particularly at anything baby related.

My baby brain has kicked in too. I'm finding it difficult to read and process things, especially early in the day when I'm feeling sick and tired. Night time is tricky as I need to pee every 2 hours! Sometimes I get a bit of insomnia too although I think that is more from the prednisone. At least Charlotte has been having nice afternoon naps so I've been able to catch up on a bit of sleep.

Other than that we are plodding along. It does feel like time is going a bit faster than before which is great and of course running after Charlotte is keeping me busy. When I'm not feeling miserable, I do feel pretty happy! I would love to go back to the gym and I think need to force myself this week. They do aqua aerobics classes which I think would be great as I can't face pilates just yet. The next big event is another scan next week when we see Warren for the last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment