Sunday, January 2, 2011

I have a 2 year old!

I realise its been a few weeks since I've posted. This time of year obviously brings lots of distractions but I've found the last few weeks really hard physically and emotionally too.

But I talk about that later, as we now have a 2 year old! It was Charlotte's birthday on New Years Eve and we had a little family gathering for her. She had a great day, although she refused to have a nap before her party. Unfortunately this is becoming a trend for her which is driving me bonkers. She loved her presents and it was so lovely to see her playing with her new toys. I have to admit that I got a little emotional watching her with her tea set and new toy kitchen. She is really growing up!

Of course the most important part of the day was the cake and I hope that she liked what I did. It was a moon cake, but with little cupcakes around it so that it made the nursery rhyme "Hey diddle diddle". All day long she had been saying "cake, cake" but when it came to eating it she just licked the icing off!

We ended the day with a swim and she literally crashed out not long after, so we put her to bed and she slept right through until 7am the next day! Bliss.

Amidst all of that I kinda forgot that it was New Years Eve and that people actually go out or do something. It was actually quite nice being able to sit on the couch (with a very small glass of champagne) and watch the 9pm fireworks, then go to bed!

So we now have a 2 year old. Her language explosion is already starting and we are seeing a new word or two every day. She is beginning to have more 2 and 3 word sentences although her current favourite saying is "go away mummy" or "sit down mummy". Such attitude for one so young! Oh and we also have a naughty toddler - I just had to wipe crayon off the bookcase and put her in the naughty corner! She is now saying "naughty, naughty". Bring on the rest of 2011!


The cake. I made the dish and the spoon (tried to make a fiddle but it didn't work) and the cat, cow and dog were just bought sugar decorations).

Blowing out the candles (with some help from Mummy)

My gorgeous girl

Happy Birthday Charlotte! (And happy New Year to everyone too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment