Thursday, December 16, 2010

Permission to eat!

We sent to see Sile and my physician yesterday for the 24 week checkup. My physician was mostly happy with me. My BP and heart rate were normal in his office and all my blood work came back just fine. I did however forget to mention to him that my heart rate has been up in the morning and this week I had the sudden urge to lie down where I was (not really a faint, just I didn't want to stand up anymore. I had to sms James to come downstairs and he freaked a bit as I was lying on the kitchen floor!). So he doesn't want to see me for another 8 weeks.

We then went and saw Sile, who got annoyed at me for not telling him about my little episode. Whoops. So she has recommended upping the digoxin a little bit. We also talked about the return of my vomiting and my pelvis going. She recommended to keep taking the antacid which is good, and she has agreed to lower my dose of the metformin. This is fantastic as I do think it isn't helping with how I'm feeling. It definitely is affecting my eating as I can't eat much and if I have anything too fatty or sugary it has disastrous consequences!

Sile did remark that some women are miserable during pregnancy and she would be surprised if she saw me for no. 3. On the one hand it was nice to get some validation that this isn't an easy road, but it has raised something James and I have talked about: that he doesn't want me to do this again!

Since I haven't put on any weight in the last 3 months, and in her words I am "miserable" she has given me permission to eat whatever I like!!! Usually she is so strict on diet and weight gain and has repeatedly told me that I'm not eating for two. To hear her say that I shouldn't worry about it and just eat what I feel like was such a huge relief! So last night we went and bought a chocolate bavarian cheesecake and had some for desert and it was GOOOOOD! tee hee. I'm not going to go crazy as I still find it difficult to eat, but at least I don't have to feel guilty about what I do have.

Sile will be away in January so I will see her locum who apparently is a lovely man (she said that he trained her and also Warren, so I'm also figuring he is quite old). I also have to do my glucose tolerance test (GTT). This is where you go in, they take some blood, you have a big sugary drink then sit there for two hours before they take more blood. Fun. But hopefully it will come out fine and I don't have gestational diabetes. I will have to remember not to eat too much sugar in the days before!

No comments:

Post a Comment