Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Third trimester

Somehow with all the drama that has been going on here this past week, I seemed to have snuck into the third trimester. Woohoo! I love the sound of being in the third trimester. It means I am well and truly pregnant; I look pregnant; I definitely feel pregnant; and ti means that it isn't long till bubba arrives.

I am though starting to have a bit of a freak out about that last part. In about 70 days (depending on when the c/s is booked) bubba will be here. And we are SOOOO not ready. Our grand plans for having the new office built (and therefore make a new room for Charlotte and give bubba her room) has stalled. We have had such problems getting quotes and now with the floods it seems unlikely we will find anyone. So James is just going to have to get his tool belt on and get handy! Even that may prove difficult as our two local hardware stores got badly flooded. I do feel slightly more prepared now though as we did a bit of shopping last week and bought some incy bitsy tiny blue clothes as well as some blue wraps/towels etc. We really don't need much as we still have all of Charlotte's baby things but I just wanted a few boy specific things.

I will see the OB this week so I am hoping everything is still going ok. I seem to be managing my blood sugars ok without really changing my diet - just cutting out sweets. I've had a bad day today though and had some chocolate cheesecake so we'll see what that does to my sugars! I am struggling with food. Thankfully the vomiting seemed to stop a week or so ago although I am still nauseous during the day. I just don't feel like eating anything (except chocolate cheesecake of course) so it makes it so hard when every meal is just a battle. I've actually lost 1-2 kg these last few weeks which I don't think is a good thing. It means all up I've only put on 2kg the entire pregnancy.

I did have a mini-meltdown (well, maybe it was a bit bigger than that) today. Charlotte is really pushing my buttons and I'm struggling with her. She seems to think it is funny to run away at every opportunity and fight with me on everything. I don't have the energy to chase her or even to pick her up and make her do something. She was being naughty at lunch and I was feeling sick, so I lost it. I ended up only eating some chicken as the thought of anything else made me feel worse. And then I felt bad because Charlotte was sitting rubbing my hand saying "sad mummy". I think the heat didn't help me today either (it was 35 degrees) but I felt better after a lie down.

I just need to keep reminding myself - less than 70 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment