Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What I'm looking forward to

Ok after yesterdays very negative post, I should say that there are some things that I'm looking forward to and also one or two things that I enjoy about pregnancy.

I love feeling bubba move. Even when he is kicking my bladder, I love knowing that he is snug and warm in there. I also love the attention that you get. I know this sounds very self centred, but I do like people talking to you with that look of joy in their faces that only having a baby seems to bring. I really don't mind if people rub my tummy - all of this reminds me that it is a special thing. And I am constantly amazed at the connection that women share when they are pregnant. I have made some wonderful friends just because we happen to be pregnant at the same time.

But I think that is all I like.

I am now starting to look forward to having a new baby. With Charlotte I didn't really have any idea of what to expect and so I don't think I really had that sense of excitement. Now I am looking forward to:
  • holding that tiny tiny baby in my arms. When they snuggle in because they don't know what else to do.
  • those first few hours. I am so hoping that I am not sick like last time as I really want to have those first cuddles.
  • breastfeeding. I was terrified of this with Charlotte which probably didn't help me get through those first few weeks. I am hoping that bubs actually is a better feeder, but even if he isn't I know that I can get through and keep trying. I am prepared for the pain this time.
  • late night feedings. There is something so peaceful about being the only one awake at 2 or 3 am. When it is just bubba and me in the quiet and the darkness. Even though it was hard, I always liked this time with Charlotte.
I am also looking forward to the day when I don't vomit, my hips don't hurt, and I don't have to take any more medications!

No comments:

Post a Comment