Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bye Bye Baby

Ok, I will finally admit it, I no longer have a baby, I have a toddler. The turning point for me was just yesterday. We have bought Charlotte a little table and chair set for her to sit at. She adores it, and has been sitting there with her crayons trying to draw. So it was when I was walking down the stairs and caught sight of her sitting at the table that I realised she really isn't a baby anymore. But I guess she will always be my baby. I am feeling such love for her at the moment. My heart just swells with joy when I look at her. A new thing Charlotte has been doing is giving hugs. She has never been much of a hugger and suddenly she wants to give us hugs all of the time. I am loving it.
We had a lovely Mothers Day. Charlotte did sleep in until 7 which was nice then James cooked a lovely breakfast. After wishing my own mum a happy Mothers Day we headed off to Ikea. I can't explain my fascination with this place. I love the layout, and all of the rooms setup. What they sell just seems thoughtful and useful. And I LOVE going to the cafe. It reminds me of when we were in Rome and after seeing the Vatican went to the cafe there. The wide selection of food was just mind boggling and then to top it off - they sold wine in a popper! If only Ikea did that, I would be in seventh heaven.
Life feels like it is going ok at the moment. I have been on the metformin for a week now with hardly any side effects. And after the first week of our "healthy living month" I have lost one kg. You could say that it is a diet, but I don't believe in dieting. You either eat healthy foods, or you don't. Lately it's been more unhealthy foods than healthy so we are just cutting them out and cutting back portion sizes. Unfortunately I had mothers group at my house today so I HAD to make morning tea. I baked oat biscuits, home made sausage rolls, and of course a chocolate and strawberry gateaux which was super yummy. But I need to get in shape for the middle of June when we go back to see Warren. Bring on some more healthy living.

No comments:

Post a Comment