Monday, January 25, 2010

Feeling yucky

Well the overwhelmed feeling of a few days ago is slowly settling down. I am still having moments of anxiety where I stop and think about all that is to come. I think that is the hard part, the waiting and knowing. I remember the very first pick up cycle, and I was all excited and hopeful. I still have that hope, but I also have alot of dread. Not just for the IVF, but also in case I do get pregnant. I did not enjoy being pregnant, and 9 months of constant nausea is just not appealing. I know I know, it is all worth it for these precious creatures we call babies.

Unfortunately the side effects of the drugs are already making me feel yucky, and I haven't even started on the hormones yet. Encyclopedia google has informed me that with the metformin and the prednisone I can expect to feel nausea, malaise, some depression, and gastrointestinal upset. Sadly to say but I feel all of those. The side effects for these drugs is as long as your arm, which can be a bit scary. Although a positive side effect of the metformin appears to be weight loss, although I saw one website comment that that might be because you feel too nauseous and sick to eat. Great. If this cycle works, it sure is going to be a long pregnancy!

And I am still really stressed about our finances. With one income, this cycle is going to push us to the end of our savings. Making that worse, the other day our dishwasher packed it in. My first response was "oh well, time to start washing up by hand" but my husband refused, and went and got a brand new one at a price more than I wanted to spend. So now it looks like I will have to seriously consider doing the EPU without anaesthetic just to save some money. I have been thinking about it though, and I don't really do general anaesthetics well, so maybe it is a good idea.

But since it is Australia day today, I have just put the pavlova in the oven. Better go check on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment