Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday!


With all the stuff that has been going on, I forgot to mention that my precious baby girl turned one! I can hardly believe it. This year has gone fast, although I would say it has been one of the harder ones. The never ending fatigue hasn't helped, but everyday I look at Charlotte and am blown away at how beautiful she is, and how wonderful.

We had quite a big party for her birthday with lots of our friends - and some of hers (from my mothers group). It all went really well, and we had lots of fun. Charlotte took it all in her stride and didn't make too much of a fuss, although she did get a bit shy when we cut the cake. I think it was a very fitting way to celebrate her first year!


All dressed up and ready for the party
A very proud mummy and daddy

Later that week we got her one year old immunisations and also got her weighed and measured. She weighed 11.2 kg and 79cm long (although we think she is longer). That puts her at 97th percentile for length and 93ish percentile for weight. So she has grown a little bit taller and leaned out, but is still a big girl! I have been putting her in some size 2 clothes.

On her first birthday she was taking up to 8 steps; clapping; saying cat, what's that, hello, mumma and dadda; using her hands to manipulate objects; started chucking tantrums; and has 7 and a half teeth!

Actually since her birthday she seems to have had a developmental spurt, and she is now walking across the room. Her conversation skills have increased (she will talk into the phone for ages) as have her fine motor skills. Today I watched her grab my comb and try to brush her hair (what little of it there is) and she will "wipe" her hands or rub cream onto her skin. The tantrums are continuing but I am trying not to give in to her. And I don't want to jinx it, but we are so close to sleeping through!

Tomorrow I get all my test results, it has been a nervous few weeks getting all of these tests done, and then Friday we go back to see the FS. Very nervous about that, but will also be good. Better head off to bed, I still haven't shaken this cough so I am having sleepless nights, even though Charlotte is sleeping better (although she is coughing most nights too still).

No comments:

Post a Comment