Saturday, March 9, 2013

Feeling hopeful

The last two weeks have been good. Not just good. They have been great. I feel nearly like my old self again. I haven't had to take any anti-nausea tablets for two weeks. I still feel dizzy but it isn't making me feel sick. I am tired, but not in a sick, fatigued type of way. More in a "I have two kids and I'm a Mum and that is tiring" way. I don't want to jinx myself, but I actually feel better than I have ever felt in the past two years.

I'm sure that the dex is playing a part. Which is hard, as I know I should try to get off it again but I really don't want to. My quality of life feels good right now so why change that? I am slowly coming to accept that I can't lose this weight while on it, but really that is a small price to pay for feeling like a normal person.

I'm feeling so good that I have made the big decision to return to work. I have already started to look for positions and will start applying next week. (I also had a kick up the bum to do this because of changes to our registration provisions and I simply don't see how I can stay registered without working).

In other exciting news, James and I have been talking about renovations we can do to the house and might go to the bank and talk about refinancing so that we can do this. We also have bought some solar panels to go on our roof which is very exciting. We finally feel that we are doing good things for the house that will make it a nicer place to live.

I can't begin to express how good it feels to not be obsessing every moment about how I'm feeling. When the nausea is constant, it is hard not to over analyse and become paranoid. But the last few weeks have just been filled with holidays, house things, playing with the kids, and enjoying life. I am hopeful that this lasts and begins the next chapter for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment