Sunday, August 12, 2012

Blobby: 1 Me: 0

Today blobby got the better of me. It's been a while since that has happened so I really shouldn't be too upset. However today I had a little cry about it all.

Last night I went out, to meet some lovely people, and had a nice dinner. This was the first night I have had out by myself in....a very long time and it was nice. The food was great, the companions great. But I felt like a bit of a fool. Because my words don't work. I had to work so hard to try and speak clearly. Many a time I simply couldn't get the words out, even though they were at the tip of my tongue. I know what I want to say but I have to stop and think. Not only that, but paying attention to the conversation in a busy restaurant was very challenging. Either I couldn't hear properly, or the room was a bit spinny, or I had a bit of delay to process what was said. This was probably the first time I've been in a situation like this, and I truly wasn't prepared for how hard it all was.

Of course it was a late night, and there is a reason why parents don't go out very often. Angus was stirring when I got home (around 11.30) so it took me a while to get to sleep. Then Charlotte was up at 2 needing something or other. Then Angus woke up for the day at 5.30 am.

And sometime during the night I woke with an excruciating pain in my ear. Just like when I started to get sick. In the morning, apart from feeling shattered, and nauseous, I also had a blobby ache. Both the ear pain and the blobby ache have been resistant to pain relief although after some therapeutic baking and an afternoon nap I felt less sick.

So today I am a teensy bit paranoid that I have overdone it, and that I am on the edge of having a massive vertigo attack. Or that it means the swelling has gotten worse. I hope that it just means I am simply tired and a good nights sleep will sort things out. But to say that I am frustrated, and angry with blobby, is an understatement.

On that note I had better head off to bed and hope for a better day tomorrow. I have promised Charlotte that we will make a collage picture and I need to have my wits about me if I am to supervise her and Angus doing that!

1 comment:

  1. Janet sending you big virtual hugs!
    You're an amazing person!
    I hope blobby has been good to you today!
    Jade xxx

    ReplyDelete