Monday, August 27, 2012

A simple task

No-one ever likes housework, but once upon a time it used to be a simple task. Get in, clean bathrooms/vacuum/make beds, all done.

Now it goes something like this:

Me: Lets go and change the sheets
Children: Yay! (all run upstairs)
Charlotte: Can I jump on the bed?
Me: No, get off so I can take the sheets off
Charlotte: here I'll help (pulls everything off and dumps it on the floor so that I then have to sort through it)
Me: Where's Angus?
Charlotte: I'll go find him. (scream). Found him
Me: Don't squash your brother (runs up the hallway, separates children, goes back to room).
Me: Lets find some clean sheets (rummages through cupboard, silently curses my lack of organisation of linen cupboard. Vows to do better but know it won't happen anytime soon.)
Charlotte: Mum!!
Me: What
Charlotte: MUM! (Door slams)
Me: Where's Angus? (run up to the bedroom, remove Angus from en suite bathroom, return to bedroom). Let's put the sheets on the bed
Charlotte: I'll help. (Jumps on the bed).
Me: Charlotte please get off so I can make the bed. Where's Angus (I shake out the sheet: THUD; Scream) Ooops, there you are Angus. Sorry.
Charlotte: (runs off). Mum! Angus
Me: What? (goes to investigate. Find Angus with his hands in the sudocream pot, and with cream all over him.) Sigh. (clean up Angus; must remember to shut all bedroom doors).
Me: OK, lets finish. (places all pillows back on the bed. Charlotte jumps on bed and throws them off.)
Me: Time for a cuppa and then the vacuuming (sigh).
Charlotte: Yay! (sigh).

No comments:

Post a Comment