Tuesday, August 7, 2012

6 months on and moving on.

It has been 6 months since blobby was zapped. To say it has gone by in a blur is an understatement. I am revelling in every day that is slightly better than the one before. I am still having bad days, and I am far from "normal", but when I think back to how I was 6 months ago,  I am so much better.

However it is time to start thinking about the future. We've already started getting back to a normal routine with swimming which is great. After the diagnosis I really went into hibernation mode. A lot of the time I felt too sick to make plans, or I was too anxious to organise something in case I then didn't feel up to it. We have hibernated for the last few months, almost deliberately avoiding people. But now I feel able to make plans, and just see how it works out. I'm sure there will still be bad days where I am not up to doing anything, but they are getting fewer and fewer.

I have even made some plans for weeks ahead. Something I haven't done for a long time. A dear friend is getting married in September and James and I have booked a night at the hotel where the wedding will be. Eeek. Scary. Not only have I committed to something weeks in advance, but James and I will have our first ever night away from the kids (not counting hospital stays).

And we are planning a bit of a trip to visit our new niece and catch up with family and friends. That will be a big test for me. If I can cope with that, then I will start to think about returning to work. The thought of that is actually quite exciting, so some big decisions to be made in the coming months. I obviously have to be well enough - there is no point in exhausting myself just so that I can return to work. I always get a bit surprised at the things I can't do. For instance, today was a good, but busy day and now I am tired. I am strugging to write this, so please forgive my poor grammar and blurbiness. And that is annoying; to realise that I'm not 100% yet.

But in the meantime, if anyone is up for a playdate, I will book you in!

No comments:

Post a Comment