Friday, February 10, 2012

Bye bye immune system

I was on such a high on Thursday. I was feeling great despite only getting a few hours sleep thanks to the kids. At one point during the night I even realised that the tinnitus had decreased slightly. I still had that annoying cough though. All throughout Thursday it got worse and worse. Thursday night I had hardly any sleep as I didn't stop coughing all night. ALL night.

So Friday we set off to my GP. I was feeling to light headed to drive so James came too. And sure enough, it looks like I have a sinus/chest infection. My GP was so pleased to hear about the treatment though. I love that I have a good GP who I trust and who actually cares about me. But she did reinforce that the radiation will make me tired, and will weaken my immune system. My glands were swollen so it was obvious that my body was working to fight something.

Today I feel awful. I got a bit of relief from the coughing but I just feel awful. My chest/ribs hurt from coughing. My throat hurts. My head is all spinny and weird feeling. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. And I'm feeling a bit demoralised. I was sure I could sail through this without any issues, maybe just need a few naps here and there. I don't think James realises how sick I feel. He did a very good job of waking me up last night when Angus woke up (he seemed to panic about it and wanted to give him some nurofen when he really needed a cuddle). Right now I'm feeling a little scared about what the next few weeks may bring.

1 comment:

  1. It must be a very scary time for you and getting sick on top of it is the last thing you need! Hope you have lots of support around you so you can take it easy and not overdo it. You have been through so much, you are one of the bravest people I know! xox

    ReplyDelete