Sunday, December 5, 2010

Rain rain go away

Ok so this has been bothering me, and I do mean this in a truly sincere way.

I hope that the weather improves by the time Oprah arrives.

I know, I know, that is really really silly. I do like Oprah, but I'm not overly fussed about her. But such alot as been made of her coming, and the fact that she and a few hundred Americans are travelling around to various parts of the country. And I want them to like us!

Whenever we have had overseas visitors come and stay, and we do all the touristy things, I always want the weather to be nice. Australia really is a beautiful country, but nobody likes a holiday when the weather is bad. At the moment, we have hardly seen the sun for days on end. I am really sick of these grey skies, and everything is just so soggy.

I don't know where they are going, but I know that Sydney Harbour on a sunny day is simply beautiful. The water literally sparkles, and the Opera house just glows. On a rainy day it is all grey and dreary. And the barrier reef is best seen on a sunny day when the water turns emerald green or so clear you can see the fish swimming metres below you! At least a cold and wet day won't spoil the Barossa - it might even make it better as they snuggle up to a fire drinking red wine! And a little bit of grey misty weather makes the Blue mountains worthwhile.

Maybe this means I'm in desperate need of a holiday. Whatever the reason, I do hope the weather improves!

No comments:

Post a Comment