Friday, December 3, 2010

A letter to my nephew

Dear Daniel,

A year has passed since you entered the world. From that first moment you were loved by so many. And even though you lived only a few short hours, that love continues today.

You are my 4th nephew, and I would have loved to spoil you. I would have been the Aunt who buys you chocolates and lollies when you visit, then give you back to your parents. I hope that you would have liked the Christmas and birthday gifts that we sent. Some of them may have been silly, some may have been cool. But I will always remember.

I am sure that Charlotte and bubba would have loved playing with you. When you came to visit you all could have played in the pool all day, then camped out in the backyard at night.

As your Aunt I would have loved to have been there for your 21st birthday. Seen you finish school and go to uni. I would have been the Aunt who got slightly tipsy at your wedding and hugged everyone. And sent you little gifts when you started your own family. I could have told you stories about your Mum (which of course she would deny).

As your Aunt, my heart still breaks everyday that I never got to hold you and share all of these things. You will always be in my heart and never forgotten.

Love, Aunty Janet

1 comment: