Thursday, October 7, 2010

In between the tantrums...


In between the tantrums, Charlotte is being so adorable right now. I love this stage of her development, she is finding out new things, exploring and experiencing. And yes she is trying to set and push boundaries which I am also finding very challenging. But here are some of the adorable things she is now doing, just so I remember for the next time she is chucking a tantrum!

  • She loves to help me with the housework. She has a toy vacuum cleaner that she like to vacuum with, and when I am doing the vacuuming she follows me around with hers. She also loves to clean the windows and is actually quite good at it. She can even use the spray bottle (with supervision of course) and then wipes away. Of course 10 minutes later she has slobbered on them again but still. She also loves to help put things in the clothes dryer. Doesn't matter if they are dirty or clean - in they all go! I wonder how long this helping phase will last for?
  • Charlotte has started to play with her toy doll alot. She will put it on the floor for a nappy change, grab the cream, about half a dozen wipes and go for it. It really is very cute to watch, if not a little messy. I have had to rescue alot of perfectly good wipes from the rubbish bin.
  • She likes to make noises when she is doing things, but she has copied them from us. I think I exaggerate when I am showing her something. For example, when I lie down I do that big sigh "aaah, time for sleep". She now does it all the time. So cute.
  • If I'm tickling her or blowing raspberries she will stop and go "more, more".
  • Last week she decided that she wanted to eat all her meals at the big table so she got her little portable chair and put it on a dining room chair. It is still a little bit low for her, but she sits there quite happily.
  • Charlotte is still being so kind when I am sick and rubbing my back, and if we say we have a sore spot she rubs it and goes "ow, ow".
I'm sure there is so much more that she is doing. One thing she does do when we have asked her to do something she doesn't want to is go "noo" and put her hands over her eyes, as though that will stop it happening! Ha, good luck child!

Here are some recent photos:
Enjoying licking the beaters from one of mummies cakes. She knows exactly what that means when I get them out, and loves to lick it!
I love this shot, so cheeky!


Making sure dolly gets cleaned up for her nappy change!

No comments:

Post a Comment