Saturday, June 5, 2010

So tired

I realised that it has been quite a few weeks since I last posted. That is largely because I am SO tired. A few days after Charlotte got all better, I started to feel run down. Of course I pushed on, as you do, and after a few days with a sore throat I looked at it in the mirror. It was covered in white pus which was oozing out of the side. I sat down and cried. It's stupid how you just push yourself and keep going when you know you should rest. So off to the doctors for me who confirmed tonsillitis. Her actual response was "ewww that looks disgusting".
I felt like crap for a few days, ok I still feel like crap. I'm just so tired and my glands are still swollen. It doesn't help that Charlotte STILL isn't sleeping well. We took the dummy off her so there should be no reason for her to wake but she still does at 1 am, or 3, or her latest trick is 5am. I actually think she may have outgrown her nappy size as she has leaked the last few nights so we put a bigger nappy on her tonight and it fits! That is really annoying since we just bought a big box in the old size.
And our poor cat got an abscess last week so we had to take her to the vets, and she is now on antibiotics too! Sheesh. The whole house is run down. Needless to say our healthy living month was a flop. Even though I was eating a lot better, I still only lost 1kg. I am so bummed about this, I now weigh more than I ever have before (except when I was pregnant) and just feel horrid. We go to see Warren in 2 weeks and I know he will make some comment about it. But at least AF is now back on track so the metformin has done it's thing.
Otherwise, things are pretty normal around here. I'm starting to get anxious about money again with the next cycle looming. We have a few house issues that we need to sort (I think our hot water system is leaking, the fence is rotting, and the roof still isn't fixed) so we will need to prioritise those. If only we could get some sleep. I am at that point where I would give anything to go away for a night and sleep all on my own. But it's not going to happen, so I had better just go to bed now.

Here are a few recent pics of our angel:
Helping mummy clean up after baking a cake. Yummy (ok so thats why I'm not losing weight....)

No comments:

Post a Comment