Friday, June 11, 2010

Hi ho, hi ho....

...it's off to work I go. I can't believe I'm saying that. I had made the decision to be a stay at home mum, and I was (mostly) ok with that. Then on Tuesday my old manager called and said that they had some locum work for a few months, and was I interested. I immediately said yes. Eeeeeep! I then had a bit of a freak out. I had a talk with James and concluded that it probably was a good thing. We really do need the money now (we definitely have to replace our hot water system) and it might be good for me to get out of the house. Plus I need to keep my skills up.
So I rang the daycare down the road and they have places available. I went down that afternoon to have a look at it and I felt pretty comfortable with it. They do lovely things like keep a scrapbook of pictures, drawings etc that your child does for you to keep. If if Charlotte did something exciting, the would email a picture to you there and then. I love that. Charlotte had a bit of a run around outside as it was play time and she loved it. So I think she will do well there. It was really easy for me to organise the government stuff through centrelink (10 minutes on the phone) so by Wednesday she was enrolled for 2 days a week.
I also had a huge stress-out about this coming IVF cycle. I felt that we should delay it as I really didn't want to work and do IVF again. But delaying it doesn't work out with dates for James work and conferences etc so we are just going to go ahead as planned, I just don't want to tell many people at work about it just yet. I feel really bad about this. I did 5 cycles while at my work place and most people knew about it. Which was good as I was SUCH A BITCH, although I blame the hormones. I hope that by only being there 2 days a week I can minimise the impact on everybody there as they are just the nicest, sweetest group of people you can meet.
I am still unsure if I am doing the right thing. I keep watching Charlotte and thinking that I am going to be a bad mum for leaving her at daycare. But I know that is silly, and really the staff there are better trained at looking after kids than me. I am trying to think that this is just 2 days where she can practice skills like painting, and playing and so on, not really day care.
Charlotte starts next Friday, but I won't start until next week. We are seeing Warren next Friday so I thought it would be good to put her in then. That way I can do some household things (like sort out my old work clothes), go see Warren, have a nice lunch with James, and then have A NAP! I feel slightly guilty but the thought of having an uninterrupted nap is heaven; it makes me want to cry.
So bring on a busy few weeks. I start on the synarel next Wednesday as I will be day 20 then. I rang Warrens secretary to see if we could get in sooner to see him but we can't, but she recommended just taking it anyway. It is pretty easy to stop it if needed. So off to work I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment