Wednesday, January 30, 2013

So close

I am on 0.25mg. I am so close to being off the dex. After feeling so sick earlier in the month, I decided to just drop my dose even though I wasn't feeling great. I just want to be done with this drug. Usually it takes a few days after I drop the dose for me to begin feeling better, although some drop downs have been easier than others. I managed quite well going from .75 to 0.5mg. This drop down to 0.25mg has been a bit harder.

It was probably made a bit harder because of all the anxiety surrounding the last few days. The wild weather and flooding we have experienced has been a worry. I kept looking at the holes where our skylights should be and hoping that the tarps would hold. Fortunately, they did and we survived unscathed. However all this extra stress does screw around with my adrenaline levels and so once again I crashed hard. Monday I slept for much of the day and I've been extremely fatigued since.  I've read that it may take up to a year for my body to be able to respond appropriately to stressful events, so I just need to be mindful of how these things affect me.

So I am determined to get off the dex. I will give myself at least another week before stopping it altogether. In just over a week it will be one year since I had my radiation. I would like to be off the dex then but I will see how I feel. This last step is scary. I am anxious that the swelling will return. I am anxious that I will continue to be tired and nauseous. But until I get to that point I just won't know. 

2 comments:

  1. Janet, I wanted to thank you again for your comment on my blog ... not just for your concern ... but mostly, because it allowed me to find YOUR blog! What an incredible journey you've been on and what a strong, resolute mama you are! Blessings on you and your family and best wishes for a healthy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, we've both been on a bit of a wild ride, here's hoping for good things to come :)

      Delete