Thursday, November 25, 2010

Must not scratch...

At 21 weeks I am itchy. It is driving me crazy. My arms, face, neck, anywhere. And the more I think about it, the itchier I get. Last night it was driving me crazy. Of course I then convinced myself that I have something called "choleostasis of pregnancy" which depending on what you read, can be a very serious condition or not : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrahepatic_cholestasis_of_pregnancy

I will mention it at my next OB appt though (if it still continues) as it is driving me mad. And reading some of the symptoms listed, it seems to fit how I am feeling now, but then, so does being pregnant. I probably don't have it as my palms and feet aren't itchy, just everywhere else. I love being a hypochondriac, it allows you to fill your day with anxiety!

I was getting quite anxious about feeling bubba move, as he just didn't seem active enough. But I am now feeling him more often and last night even saw my belly jump! (well, jiggle is a better way of describing it).

Some good news is that I am completely off the prednisone. Yay! I got down to 2mg this week then just decided to stop. I really don't know if it has made a positive difference to how I feel. One thing that has happened is my nausea has returned. It is a low grade, almost constant yuck feeling. My appetite has also severely decreased and there are times when I can't eat a thing, or I vomit it back up. James and I had a huge fight this week as I couldn't eat something he had cooked. He seems to take it personally when it is a really random thing. Some days I want to eat, some days I don't. I have gone off vegetables, but can eat lettuce. I don't like beef stir frys, but a good thick steak is yummy. It's annoying for me too.

It has been a big week all round. I took Charlotte to Queens Park in Ipswich which has an animal reserve that is free to enter. We went with our mothers group and it was SO much fun, letting the girls run around and look at all the animals. Then the next day, James had sinus surgery which has knocked him around a bit. And today I got a haircut. this doesn't seem big, but I haven't had one since January. It is the sort of thing that I can't really justify spending money on, so put off for ages. But it feels great. I am really tired now, and physically sore. I think that is because I have been carrying Charlotte around a bit more than I would normally.

So I'm hoping that I start to feel a bit better and James recovers well as I desperately want to go on a little family holiday. We will have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment