Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Halfway

I am 20 weeks today, halfway. When I think of it like that it seems that time has gone very quickly. But then I think that bubs isn't due until April next year and it feels sooo long away. And then I also think about the last few months and it feels like time has gone both quick and slow (especially slow when I was bleeding, and vomiting, and stressing every second).

I saw both my OB and the physician yesterday. The physician didn't offer anything more. He still thinks that the prednisone is causing the bp issues. I'm now down to 4mg so nearly off it. He also wanted me to get a repeat blood test, even though I got one done 3 weeks ago. He though I looked "pale" today (I always look pale) and just wants to check that my haemoglobin levels aren't dropping too much. They were 140 odd 3 weeks ago which apparently is quite good so who knows. I see him again in 4 weeks.

I then saw Sile. Can I say again how much I love this woman. She makes me feel so comfortable. I seem to be measuring fine, and we heard the heartbeat briefly. I stressed that my ongoing cough and sore throat is REALLY annoying and she gave me a script for an antacid. She (and actually the physician) think it is caused by reflux. I was a bit dubious about this as I am really snotty too. But I took one last night, and the cough seemed to settle down. It hasn't been anywhere near as bad today either. So all up the visits went fine.

I've actually been feeling quite good the last few days. Mornings are terrible still but it is more my heart rate which makes me feel off. It seems to race and I find standing up and doing anything quite a challenge. It has been really humid too and that is getting to me. I did some chores this morning and it took a few goes just to get started as I kept needing to sit down. And then I think I overdid it as my back was killing me, and also my round ligaments. (Sile explained these to me yesterday, basically all the muscles holding our tummies in stretch and hurt!)

But it has finally warmed up enough to get back into the pool. The water is still a bit nippy, but it sure does help cool me down and feel a bit better. Charlotte LOVES it. She runs to the side, jumps in, then swims to the steps to do it again. I'm so glad we kept up the swimming lessons but don't know what we will do once bubs comes along. I might have to convince James to either look after bubs or take Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment