Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Some precious moments

Despite the trials of the last few days, where I have been questioning our decision to have children, I've also had some moments where I know it has been all worthwhile.

One such occasion occurred last week. It was a rare day where both children had an afternoon nap, and so I was lucky enough to have one too. We were all refreshed, and I was enjoying a lovely cuppa in the late afternoon. The sun at that time of day comes in our windows and makes pretty patterns on the wall. Charlotte was playing in her toy kitchen. I love to watch her do this. She pours water between all the bowls, stirs it up, feeds it to her baby. Yes it makes a bit of a mess but the conversation she has with herself is just darling. At the same time Angus was lying on his playmat cooing away, smiling and batting at the toys. I suddenly felt this sense of contentment and peace. Ahh. It didn't last long but still, I guess these are the moments we live for.

Here are some piccies:

Charlotte helping me bake a cake. She was sifting piles of flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment