Sunday, July 15, 2012

Getting back to normal

Another fortnight has flown by. This week has seen us get back to a bit of a normal routine with the start of swimming lessons. I had to cancel last terms as the first lesson was the day I was admitted to hospital. I can't say I was very keen to go in this miserable weather. However the lessons went well once we were in the pool. Charlotte still loves it, although Angus was very hesitant to get into the water. He actually wouldn't walk in the water so we do need to go back to some basics with him which is a shame.

This week was also our 13th wedding anniversary. We ummhed and aaaahed about what to do, but decided to go out for dinner, which was just lovely. I've written before about how much James means to me, so won't bore you again. Neither of us feel the need to be showy or splashy with our relationship. I don't need trinkets or flowers as a sign of affection. But it is nice to feel so comfortable with another human being; who just gets me.

Overall it has been a very good week, and I have been feeling really very good.  Last week was another story as that dreaded gastro hit. I should feel grateful that so far I've avoided any real viruses. The dex. is an immunosuppressant and I am amazed that my immune system has actually held up quite well. You would think I would be ok with nausea and vomiting too, since I've don't so much of it in the last few months. But you would be wrong. Gastro's are pure evil. Thankfully, the kids only got a touch of it and James managed to avoid it altogether. However for a few days there I was miserable and scared that it had set me back several weeks, but then I bounced back alot quicker than thought.

Last week I also had all of my scans, and the results came back normal. I think that I will still see the breast surgeon to discuss my lumpy boob, just in case. This week I see my neurologist and I am quietly hoping for some good news. Fingers crossed!




No comments:

Post a Comment