Sunday, March 11, 2012

Knowing my limitations

It is the end of another long week. Generally, it has been better than last week. I don't feel as sick. However I am fatigued. The fatigue is strange - it isn't like a tiredness. In fact I have a tiny bit of insomnia. However my body is tired. I feel this heaviness. Sitting still, I feel fine; but then I try to get up and my body doesn't want to move. I've needed to have a nap every day. If I don't, then I get really nauseous, and quite frankly I don't cope at all.

On Friday though, I felt great. Still fatigued, but a lot more energetic. I managed to play with the kids all afternoon which made me feel so happy. I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. My symptoms have actually improved a little bit. I am still dizzy but nowhere near as much as usual. My plan now is to contact the balance and rehabilitation clinic at UQ and see if they can help me further.


Yesterday we had a lovely day out. We went to Redcliffe lagoon - a great big pool; playground; park area, all by the sea. We had a ball. Charlotte swam and swam and ran, and played, and picked up shells. It was great. However it was exhausting. Today I was shattered. For the first time in a few weeks I didn't feel up to going to the gym. Going back to bed was my best option. I get really upset at days like this. But I need to keep reminding myself that I am improving. I think I am over the worst of it. I just need to know my limitations and not push myself.

1 comment:

  1. just a little note to let you know im still around, and thinking of you. you are amazing :) redcliffe sounds like fun! my kiddies love the lagoon too, although it is a little busy for me! hehehe miss you xx

    ReplyDelete