Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Drug free

I am finally drug free. After our official BFN, I stopped almost all of the drugs. AF finally arrived 5 days afterwards which seemed like a long time to me. Unfortunately the sick feeling didn't end there. I got some massive headaches, I would call them migraines. I pretty much had a headache every day for over a week, and AF lasted a long time too. I guess I had so many hormones running around that the comedown was just as bad. I don't recall feeling that bad with any of the other cycles, and AF definitely came back as normal rather than what I have had this time around.
I had still been taking the prednisone and I just wasn't sure when or how to stop it. Over the Easter weekend I just got sick of it and cut down to 5 mg. A few days later I forgot to take it. oops. So that was it, I'm off it. I'm already starting to feel so much better. I can't believe that I have spent the last 3 months feeling sick every single day.
Now I just have to try to lose the weight that I put on! Warren made a comment once that it isn't the drugs that make you put on weight but what you put in your mouth. While I agree with him, I have put on 5-6 kg in the last two months. I have been doing alot of comfort eating, and haven't been able to go to the gym as I have felt so sick, but surely the drugs have played a part. Anyway, over the next few weeks I am going to try eating a bit better and go to the gym more. I think my membership runs out soon and I have to decide whether to spend the money and renew or not. I really only go to the pilates classes, but would want to keep that going either at the gym or in a private class. Better finish off that Easter chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment